light sheet

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

jpolacchi

light sheet

Post by jpolacchi »

Does anyone still make lightsheet,or the light sheet kits you can trim to size or pre-cut sizes and wire up to an adapter?
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Yes. Google "electroluminescent sheet". I live in the UK, so my sources would be no good to you.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
jdeleonardis

Post by jdeleonardis »

jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

YES!That's exactly what I was looking for.Thanks for putting that up for me.
Often wrong Soong

Post by Often wrong Soong »

seam-filler wrote:Yes. Google "electroluminescent sheet". I live in the UK, so my sources would be no good to you.
Dude, i'm in the UK too. Any chance you could give me your sources?
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

Hey, thanks for the link! I was googling for that stuff and that site never came up.

-John C.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine
stephenmorphey

Post by stephenmorphey »

Hello.

I want to make light sheet because of PIV production. So I want to know the exact size, thickness and all details of light sheet.
I think it requires high power and flow visualisation.
Give best suggestion as soon as possible.
z28Barry

Post by z28Barry »

Tchail

Post by Tchail »

It looks like the experimenter's kits from Miller Engineering runs off of a 4.5V power supply.

I want to use a 9V power supply to run a 555 blinking light circuit and power multiple LEDs for a starship lighting project.

Is there a way of stepping down the current so that only one wall wart can be used?

I've read something about a zener diode, but I don't know how these would be used.

Thanks in advance,

-Tchail
“In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has generally been regarded as a bad move." Episode 5, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

Actually 4.5 volts runs LED and 555 timers circuits and its parts pretty well and fairly still bright. I dont' want to use more than 5 volts nowadays

That's why I use Millers EL experimenter sheets in my star ships. Operating voltages that low all overall runs cool...and looks cool.
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!