"Pulsating" LEDs

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Interesting_Screen_Name

"Pulsating" LEDs

Post by Interesting_Screen_Name »

Hello all.

I've gotten back into modeling after about 12 years and I'm slowly relearning the tricks of the trade.

Lights in models are a new venture for me but I have a bit of experience with leds and such. One thing I can't seem to find is a way to make is an LED "pulsate". I'm looking to light my Tydirium shuttle that I'm building. I easily made the formation lights but I can't seem to find a way to light up the engines to simulate the pulsing effect of the two Ion engines.

I know of the company Lightsheet I believe it's called that made the lighting kit for the falcon engine. From what I know, It doesn't pulsate. Anyone willing to share any info on this would greatly help as I'm dying to paint this baby and impress the little ones.
jockdeboer

Post by jockdeboer »

Contact Randy at VoodooFX.com. He can create something that will do what you want.
Interesting_Screen_Name

Post by Interesting_Screen_Name »

Thanks jock.

I actually found out that they make fader boards. Hopefully I can find somewhere close by to buy one as I hate waiting on parts to arrive from shipping :D