Lighting up the Enterprise

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Glorfindel

Lighting up the Enterprise

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm looking to light up the Enterprise (537 scale) and am wondering what is the best method? I've never attempted this but am looking forward to the challenge. Anybody have any suggestions? LED's, Cathodes? What's the easiest method to hook these up to one power source?
jwrjr

Post by jwrjr »

Which Enterprise? There are five different ones "commonly" available (6 if you count the 1701A as different from the Refit).
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Refit. I'm currently working on "Voyage Home" AMY/ERTL kit. Plenty of skim coating and sanding of the surface of the model. It's been keeping me busy for a few hours each night after work. Terrible what they've done to the hull. I haven't built an Enterprise in years and would like to try my hand at lighting her up. I have a little experience with LED's but I see that most people hook up with circuit boards with strobes/flashers connected to them. How is this all achieved?
Chief 400

Post by Chief 400 »

I think I have the same one.......part of my Legacy Project....she's very battered and abused.....but I'm thinking of doing a light job on her......
I Stay away from Discussions of Religion, Politics, and Star Wars...all for the same reason......
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

I have a product that can drive LEDs and fiber optics.

Here, at the SSM store are all my lighting products:
http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/index.cf ... gory_id=92

The kits come with a pre-assembled and tested circuit card, LEDs, fiber optics, etc If you need a custom for your project, send me a PM please.

Thanks!
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine