MARakeSch (New name, was Gepäckträger)

The challenge: build any kind of hover tank without using a tank kit's hull or turret - because nothing saus 'fun' like 70 tons of floating mayhem.

Moderator: Moderators

Patrik

MARakeSch (New name, was Gepäckträger)

Post by Patrik »

I've been looking to the Norwegian Skjold class patrol boat as well as our own HMS Smyge and a little bit of the proposed Combat Boat "New" for inspiration. Both Skjold and Smyge are side wall hovercraft, creating a cusion of air under a catamaran hull. This and their general shape will be the main design feature. I'm imagining some form of armored supply vehicle for deliveries of supplies inside the combat zone.

edit: The name means carrier and if I am not mistaken specifically a person who carries luggage. I chose a German name as I so far see this as a Ma.K inspired creation.
Last edited by Patrik on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Yo

Post by Dr. Yo »

So how's it coming? Any progress?
"Semper fiendish"-Wen Yo
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

I have a few rough mental sketches but between getting the summer car in shape and what little is getting done on my apocal road rage entry, it's a bit of on the back burner so far. Maybe towards the end of the week...
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

I've picked up some of the pieces and deviated slightly from the original plan. Donor list now include Spitfire and Soviet destroyer.
You call it "social distancing", in Sweden we call it "Tuesday".
Scotaidh

Post by Scotaidh »

Sounds promising! :)
"Is Russian artillery. Is mostly on target."
Dimitry
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Ok, so it's still twin hull but I have no idea where I'm going with this now...

I'm thinking maybe the el cheap-o Strato's kit body from my dormant Post Apocalyptic Road Rally entry (and using the Hasegawa kit for PARR, if I'm getting back on with that) for the cabin area, Falke style.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Well, looky what I found, bottom of parts bin and all...

Instant hover tank

These are game minitures from some forgotten game. Never played the game, just had to have the hover tanks. "Cohort" something or other it said on the box, don't remember if it was the tanks, their unit or the game. Anyone?
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Patrik wrote:Well, looky what I found, bottom of parts bin and all...

Instant hover tank

These are game minitures from some forgotten game. Never played the game, just had to have the hover tanks. "Cohort" something or other it said on the box, don't remember if it was the tanks, their unit or the game. Anyone?
They look like they're from Renegade Legion by FASA.
Abolish Alliteration
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Thanks! Applying a bit of google-fu I found an entry on amazon. Reading the product descrition now I remember it from the box but I do not remeber a whopping nine sprues, not too sure about the box art either. If that is true I should have more sprues (found two complete) hidden away somewhere, two loose hover tanks have been accounted for.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Proceeding at a pace that would embarras a glacier, I give to you the center hull of the... thing... that no longer bears any resemlance to what I originally envisioned. Needs a different name now. Two air craft fuselage halves put together the wrong way, any guess what air craft?

It does look a bit too small to house a human operator and engines though, at least at the 1/20 scale I had in mind. Maybe I'll let it turn into something else, it does look a little like the Markov hover car.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

And we have a new name!

MARakeSch or MaschinenAbwehrRaketenSchweber to you and me.

Anti machine missile hover craft. I think.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Ditched last weeks center pod for a new one. Not looking very impressive so far but I have some ideas. Also, I have begun exploring some potential armament. One launch station would go on the Spitfire wing on either side of the senter pod. Some of these could be considered AFV parts though. A verdict from the umpire?

I have a back up plan with angled torpedo tube style hatches in the hull tops if anythin else fails. That would make for a sleeker design, more in keeping with what I had in mind from the start.
bigh827

Post by bigh827 »

Well how's it going?
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Amish Vampires in Space.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.
Groucho Marx
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU SPECIES WILL ADAPT TO SER... Squirrel!!
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

I've been too busy with other things but it's slowly moving closer to the bench now, picking up inspiration.
bigh827

Post by bigh827 »

Life can realy get in your way some times. Be glad when I get things turned around so I can get back to building stuff.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Amish Vampires in Space.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.
Groucho Marx
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU SPECIES WILL ADAPT TO SER... Squirrel!!