Moebius J2 lighting help/tutorial wanted......

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Thewrathofodysseus

Moebius J2 lighting help/tutorial wanted......

Post by Thewrathofodysseus »

Hello all,
I have a request. I would like to know if anyone is interested in teaching myself and others here in constructing a lighting system for the interior of the Moebius Jupiter II. Something along the lines of : "this is what you need to buy", "this is what you have to solder", etc. People here have been very helpful in the past and tried to explain things, or posted links to tutorials, but to be honest they have virtually been Greek to me. I really want this model to shine (literally :D ), And quite frankly while outfits like VooDoo and the like are top notch, so are their prices, and I just cant justify spending more for a lighting kit than I did for my model, even if I could afford it. So there you have it, any takers?
kenny77

Post by kenny77 »

I understand not wanting to spend the $$$ on Voodoo's kit. But, I was at Randy's (VooDooFX) house a week ago and saw the kit he designed installed in a J2. I have to tell you it's insane. After seeing it in action I could never build that kit without it, worth every penny. i don't even like the J2 but I'm considering the build just for the display qualities it possesses when brought to life with the action in the lights. Just my 2c.
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

I bought some LED lights that come 50 to a string & are battery powered. got them in clear but they have colored ones also. saved a lot after christmas sale. the lights that the guys sell aftermarket are very nice & are made custom for the models, however, i understand where you are at because i too am in the same boat. I will bring the lights, you bring the batteries :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION
Thewrathofodysseus

Post by Thewrathofodysseus »

I guess the first thing we need to do is determine where we need to put lights.....So? where to begin?
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

there are clear areas in the walls and the soffit on top looks like you can add a ring of lights down through them if you make small holes.
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION