Dental burs???

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

bigbenz

Dental burs???

Post by bigbenz »

OK so i got some .7mm hss cone burs. they are too big i need something even smaller. where could i get .4mm tiny burs for cutting windows out of the enterprise AMT

thanks guys
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Visti you dentists and ask him waht he does with his used burrs. That's how I got mine.

Or try Widget Supply or use a fine drill bit. If you're gentle you can do quite a bit of fine carving with an HSS wire gauge bit.
Abolish Alliteration
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Post by Chacal »

Yep. After they're too worn out for teeth, they're still kicking for plastics. Get used ones from your DDS.
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.
danielehall21

Post by danielehall21 »

A bur is a rotary cutting instrument used in dentistry for excavating decay, shaping cavity forms, and reducing tooth structure.Dental Burs cutting surface are either made of a multifluted tungsten carbide, a diamond coated tip or a stainless steel multi fluted rosehead. There are many different types and classifications of burs some of the most common are: the round bur (sizes ¼ to 10) or inverted cone (sizes 33½ to 90L). Burs are also classified by the type of shank. The head of the bur contains the blades[citation needed] which remove material. These blades may be positioned at different angles in order to change the property of the bur. More obtuse angles will produce a negative rake angle which increases the strength and longevity of the bur.The instrument needs to be disinfected after every usage to prevent infection during succeeding incisions. Due to the mechanical structure of the device, this must not happen with alcoholical disinfectant, as they would destroy the lubricants.
So it's important to take care of the tools you use. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Moderator Edit for Spam Link removal< But I'm for leaving the dental bit data, it's actually cool.