Electronic experts, I need help too!

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Qrest Fourstar

Electronic experts, I need help too!

Post by Qrest Fourstar »

Here's the deal, I have a lightsheet experimenter's set, and I have one of the Voodoo FX's Falcon Lighting kits. The Lightsheet kit runs on 3 AAA's and the Voodoo off one 9 volt. Is there anyone out there who could connect the lightsheet kit to the Voodo so I could run both off the 9 volt? I'm willing to pay.
-Paul

"She may not look like much, But she's got it where It counts kid." -Han Solo
b5ranger99

Post by b5ranger99 »

I can think of three quick ways to do this;

1. A resistor in series with the light sheet kit.

2. A resistor in series with a 4.5 volt zener diode in parallel with the sheet. Same idea as above but more constant voltage.

3. Voltage regulator, three leads one to ground one to the 9 volt, last lead to the light sheet kit.

If you want details PM me with specs on the light sheet (current) and I'll get you a parts list for each.
"When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be."
Dukhat, Babylon 5

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
Lewis Carroll
Qrest Fourstar

Post by Qrest Fourstar »

Gonna hev to e-mail the guys about the lightsheet info.
-Paul

"She may not look like much, But she's got it where It counts kid." -Han Solo
jwrjr

Post by jwrjr »

I would use the voltage regulator (type 7805, available at Radio Shack, among many other sources) with a 1N4000-type diode in series with the output. Or use an LM317-type regulator to get the output voltage exactly right.