A new big flat white LED!

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

cappy

Post by cappy »

You think it would, reducing the light travel from the source.
Don't worry I got an idea!
An idea so smart, that my head would explode,
if I even began to know what I was talking about.
robiwon

Post by robiwon »

I ordered four of the mediums Saturday and one small for my Salzo Galactica Should be here Tuesday!
"Dead or alive, your'e coming with me"
DarthVader

Post by DarthVader »

robiwon wrote:I ordered four of the mediums Saturday and one small for my Salzo Galactica Should be here Tuesday!
Robiwon do you know can these BE wired into a switch with the rest of your LED's and does this need a resistor or do they have them already installed I want to run them off from the power I be getting from a wall plug that will be going to my Base and not a battery?

I should order some of these for my Salzo BSG..

Clarence
robiwon

Post by robiwon »

Vader, they are just normal 3v white LEDs just with a big flat panel instead of a round nub. Don't bother getting any for the Galactica. They are not bright enough for the engines. Great for name tags at Wonderfest though!
"Dead or alive, your'e coming with me"
DarthVader

Post by DarthVader »

robiwon wrote:Vader, they are just normal 3v white LEDs just with a big flat panel instead of a round nub. Don't bother getting any for the Galactica. They are not bright enough for the engines. Great for name tags at Wonderfest though!
Ok Thanks for letting me know Robiwon,I will stick with getting some bright white LED's,Do you think should I go with 5mm LED's or should I go with some that are bigger? I think I seen some that where as big as 10mm?

Clarence
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

I'll just add my $0.02 to say that since these are standard white LEDs driving these things, they can easily be driven using my LED controller cards.

Just use them as you would any other LED with my cards. Wire them in series to the controller's LED output and you're up and running in no time.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine