One-day Arduino sale today (March 29th) at Sparkfun

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

tetsujin

One-day Arduino sale today (March 29th) at Sparkfun

Post by tetsujin »

Today's the 10th anniversary of Arduino and Sparkfun's having a sale on a few Arduino boards to celebrate. It may be worth getting in on it.

Unfortunately there's a slight SNAFU at the moment - according to the promotion, backorders of out-of-stock boards are allowed during the promotion, but the site doesn't actually let you do it. Six of the seven boards on sale are now OOS, and there's about 30 left of the one remaining board (about two hours into the promotion) - but it is possible that they'll correct the issue and that backorders will work later today...

My recommendations, if you get in on this once the backorder issue is (presumably) fixed:
Redboard - Sparkfun's full-featured economy version of the Arduino - selling for $9
Pro Mini 5V and Pro Mini 3.3V - The great thing about these boards is that they're small - about 18mm x 33mm. And via the promotion, they're dirt cheap - $3 each. The main limitation is that you need a separate adapter to connect them to the computer and program them. But they're one of the smallest Arduino boards available...
---GEC (三面図流の初段)
There are no rats.
The skulls eat them.
brt

Post by brt »

Log in to site first, then click on product and choose number of items. Press back order>window pops up to ask if you are ok with back order>click it and it goes into cart.

Thanks for posting tetsujin. I had forgotten. I ordered 2 redboards. Great deal for $9 a pop.
tetsujin

Post by tetsujin »

Yeah they sorted out the backorder problem sometime this morning. Prior to the fix the sold-out items had the status "not available for backorder"

I bought myself a couple Pro Minis and a Leonardo. (Leo's not on sale but I wanted one.) Now that the backorder thing is fixed I'm tempted to pick up a Redboard or two as well. Not like I need more Arduinos... :)
---GEC (三面図流の初段)
There are no rats.
The skulls eat them.