Has anyone heard of ic touch?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

chiver

Has anyone heard of ic touch?

Post by chiver »

They are a store out of Hong Kong and I'm not sure if it's too good to be true, they sell electronic components for cheap, ie: 900 LEDs in different sizes and shapes for about $25 before shipping.

I'm nervous to order from them and nothing show up at my door
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
tetsujin

Post by tetsujin »

Those are good prices but not like crazy good. It depends on the color of the LED, actually.

Red, green, yellow, and orange LEDs (the traditional varieties that have been common since the 1980s) are dirt cheap. Like 6 cents each. Colors at the high end of the spectrum, like blue or white (white LEDs are actually blue LEDs with phosphorescent material added to shift some of the blue light to lower wavelengths) are more expensive - around 20 cents.

900 LEDs for 25 dollars is about 3 cents per LED. So, like I said, a good deal, but not like a crazy-good deal depending on the color. I mean, who needs 900 assorted red, green, and yellow LEDs? Or if there's some white LEDs, they might be the cheap kind that make a pale, bluish light...

That said, I think I found their site (ictouchstore.com) and I don't see a 900 LEDs for $25 deal. I do see a 900 LEDs for $54 - of which 100 of those LEDs are blue or white. Again, not a bad deal but not really a mind-blowing deal by any means.

Mostly I buy LEDs and things from Mouser. I've had mixed results from buying LEDs from sellers on ebay and stuff - sometimes I got good, unique LEDs I couldn't find elsewhere. A couple times I got LEDs that I didn't think performed very well... Mostly I feel like I can buy LEDs just about anywhere and be reasonably confident I'll get good LEDs. But I don't usually feel a need to resort to ebay or random sellers, Mouser usually has everything I need.
---GEC (三面図流の初段)
There are no rats.
The skulls eat them.
meterman30215

Re: Has anyone heard of ic touch?

Post by meterman30215 »

chiver wrote:They are a store out of Hong Kong and I'm not sure if it's too good to be true, they sell electronic components for cheap, ie: 900 LEDs in different sizes and shapes for about $25 before shipping.

I'm nervous to order from them and nothing show up at my door
I had ordered some LEDs from them a few months ago without any problem. They are lighting up parts of my enterprise refit.
Meterman30215
chiver

Post by chiver »

I had found an assortment of different types and colours of surface mount LEDs. I've been looking around some of the sites and I can find some, but there's no kits with different types or colours. The last time I baught LEDs in bulk like this I got them from modelers brand
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
cajunwolfman

Post by cajunwolfman »

Modelers brand