en.ofweek.com products

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Kimber

en.ofweek.com products

Post by Kimber »

I recently orderd some leds from ofweek so that i could actually see my air gauges at night. The shipping was 5 dollars, and i agreed to it believing that they would send it first class mail. I purchased three blue 194 style led bulbs. So i got an email notification stating that it has been sent first class and not next day or priority. So i decided to write them an email back.

My first email:

This is my first time buying from your store, and I can honestly say that I'm already hesitant to purchase from you ever again. In an attempt to get an idea of how long it would be for the products to arrive, I noticed that shipping the charge from usps is 63 cents for first class package that weighs 2 ounces. I know the weight is correct since it was stated in one of the emails sent to me. At the least, if your going to charge me 5 dollars for shipping, you could have sent it on 2 day priority for $4.05.

I also doubt that your store pays full price for shipping since it is entirely likely that you have a business account with many shipping companies. I would like to request a partial refund of the shipping, that is, the difference in what it actually cost you to ship it.

Im a member of s10forum, dfwkustoms, and sclusive truck club. As it stands, s10forum, dfwkustoms, and sclusive members are likely to purchase your products since many of us customize our vehicles, and leds are extremely popular right now. I would like to think that you are honest, fair, and that I will be able to brag about the excellent service and prices you have.

Thank you,

And, again, my next email:

Handling? How can you say $4.37 is neccesary to handle 3 bulbs the size of a thumbnail. Even if you to take into account the packaging materials, it still wouldnt add up to five dollars. You can say that your rates are competitive with other companies, but that doesnt help me feel any less ripped off. Honestly, that mentality says that if one company rips their customers off, then we will rip ours off less.

I still stand firm in my request for a refund of the diffrence in shipping. I honestly believe it is wrong for companies to profit from shipping. If you need to profit in order to maintain your business and expenses, then the profits need to be found elsewhere and not in the cost of shipping.
Paulbo

Post by Paulbo »

You agreed believing that they would ship it first class, then complain BECAUSE they shipped first class.

The $0.63 you mention is for a LETTER not a PACKAGE which can't go through the automatic sorters.

2 oz is for the LEDs. Packaging will typically more than double that, so at least $2.24+. A box costs around $.5, plus about $.5 for peanuts, etc. Say it takes 15 minutes to process your order, print the packing slip, have a guy pull it from stock, package it and attach the shipping label. The $2.76 you're quibbling about equates to $11/hour for the guy who had to do that.

Is that an outrageous rate to pay someone, or are you suggesting that they should lose $2.76 on your gigantic order of 3 LEDs? Perhaps they should do that for every order and go out of business.
Rather Fail with Honor, than Succeed by Fraud - Sophocles

Photoetched metal, decals, resin part, multimedia upgrades at ParaGrafix.biz. Breaking news on Facebook and Twitter.
Paulbo

Post by Paulbo »

Just noticed... you signed up for a whole new forum just to kvetch about a slightly high (in your opnion) shipping cost?!
Rather Fail with Honor, than Succeed by Fraud - Sophocles

Photoetched metal, decals, resin part, multimedia upgrades at ParaGrafix.biz. Breaking news on Facebook and Twitter.
Joseph C. Brown

Post by Joseph C. Brown »

And the 3 forums that are mentioned are all for full-sized trucks, not models.

And while many of this board's membership does own trucks - like me - this is so seriously not the right place to complain about a vendor who deals in vehicle electronics.

Locking, now.
________
Joe Brown