Best lighting kit for 1/350 refit enterprise

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Chuck731

Best lighting kit for 1/350 refit enterprise

Post by Chuck731 »

What it the best LED lighting kit for refit enterprise?

I intend to add several circuits of my own, so I would need whichever kit I use to be able to support additional circuits for lights and sound features.

Also, I prefer to have the option to use either 9V DC input from a transformer via and RCA jack, or 2 9V batteries in parallel. Are there pre-wired alternate battery snap and DC input jacks?
brt

Post by brt »

Perhaps you should PM madman lighting here on this forum. His units may allow for your customization. If you weren't going to customize I would have suggested trekmodeler.com.
Captain Riker

Post by Captain Riker »

Second that.
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

What? Someone call my name?

I do produce a kit for the big 350th Refit Enterprise, have a look at it here please: http://home.comcast.net/~johndavidcook/bigstarship.html

And the kit instructions here: http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejohndavidcoo ... %20Kit.pdf

It runs on 18VDC and takes about 200mA to power it. The best part of the kit is that it is very easy to hook up. All connections are made by wire-wrap instead of soldering. I also offer a power supply kit that plugs directly into the wall.

Sound... well... I don't do sound I'm sorry to say but if you want a little 18V to 9V converter I can knock one out for your 9V parts as a custom project.

And thanks to brt and Capt Riker for the kind words. Always appreciated.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine