USS Voyager lightning start up sequence

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Dezmond76

USS Voyager lightning start up sequence

Post by Dezmond76 »

Hello,

I making a lightning circuit for Voyager and i want to when the power switch is flipped instead the whole model lights up instantly, to light up gradually.

What would be the proper start up sequence:
1. red and green navigational lights
2. after 1 second the strobe lights
3. after 2 seconds the interior lights and the deflector starts slowly to ramp up
4. after 3.5 seconds the impulse engines
5. after 4 seconds the bussard collectors starts slowly to ramp up
6. then after 2 second the blue lights from the nacelles slowly ramp up
7. and finally the red lights from the torpedo lunching tubes

What do you think is this ok?
Max Nex

Post by Max Nex »

the torpedo tubes only glow when they are firing,not all the time.
manu

Post by manu »

For the voyager thas not entirely true

http://www.phoximages.de/images-i5051bbh8mk.jpg
http://www.phoximages.de/images-i5052bdwg84.jpg

@Dezmond Ok is what you like. I'd rather fire up internal lighting, then nav and strope lights thn impulse and finally warp. How are you gonna do this?
Max Nex

Post by Max Nex »

both are images of the CGI version.
I would not use either as a reference.
Dezmond76

Post by Dezmond76 »

The general idea is when the button is pressed the model lights up gradually, until the lights up sequence is over the button is blocked. After that if the button is pressed fires torpedo and if the button is pressed about 2 seconds then the whole process goes backwards and the model shutdowns. All that thing i will do with a PIC16F628A microcontroller. All i need to do is to write a program for the PIC.
otacon1001

Post by otacon1001 »

I think this would be great idea, only thing i would suggest is have the interior lights come on gradually over about 2 seconds like in the episode "Night" Season 5 episode 1
Dezmond76

Post by Dezmond76 »

Max Nex

Post by Max Nex »

neat !
chiver

Post by chiver »

i would like to do something similar with my voyager, just with out the torpedos
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
Dezmond76

Post by Dezmond76 »

If you interested i can give you the code for the pic and the schematic when i draw it.
chiver

Post by chiver »

that would be great, thanks. im very new to this so its all a learning exprence for me
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

otacon1001 wrote:I think this would be great idea, only thing i would suggest is have the interior lights come on gradually over about 2 seconds like in the episode "Night" Season 5 episode 1
If you're still working on this, I agree with otacon. Work from the inside outwards - interior lights first, then start firing up everything else. Impulse and warp engines close to last.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan

Post by chiver »

how would you get the lights to come on slowly?
Dezmond76

Post by Dezmond76 »

Ziz wrote:
otacon1001 wrote:I think this would be great idea, only thing i would suggest is have the interior lights come on gradually over about 2 seconds like in the episode "Night" Season 5 episode 1
If you're still working on this, I agree with otacon. Work from the inside outwards - interior lights first, then start firing up everything else. Impulse and warp engines close to last.

Yes i still working on it, the order of the sequence is easy to change.
And for the interior lights to come on gradually over about 2 seconds like in the episode "Night" Season 5 episode 1, its a little bit tricky. I guess the proper solution would be to divide the whole model into segments and light block each segment of each other. Each segment has to have LED inside and that is to big challenge for me