What is the best way to illuminate upper registry number?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

ALCLSC89

What is the best way to illuminate upper registry number?

Post by ALCLSC89 »

I'm having trouble with getting my light aimed properly to illuminate the registry number. I have the DIY Trek Modeler lighting kit and from what I can tell, it shows to install a 5mm white LED for this after raising the bridge an 1/8 of an inch. What is the best way to get the light right and what have you all done in this matter? LED (size?) or Fiber Optics. I have already light blocked so doing the light from the inside is not possible in my opinion. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
chiver

Post by chiver »

from the inside is still possiable, sand the area under the numbers.
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
Mr. Engineer

Post by Mr. Engineer »

If you have the correct White plastic of the 1/350 Polar Lights Enterprise, it is possible to do light it from inside, which is now called The Raytheon Effect.

The latest Model that includes Aztec decals was claimed to give off yellowish light when lit from inside. So, I cannot say how the effect would turn out once you put the decals on top of it. I want to verify this but my Model is stashed in another house.
What can I take apart today?

https://www.facebook.com/PisceanWorks
brt

Post by brt »

I have opened one of each. The new refit with aztec lit from inside does look a little yellowish.