Base with multiple switches wiring how-to

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

ALCLSC89

Base with multiple switches wiring how-to

Post by ALCLSC89 »

I am starting the build for my display base and I want to install several toggle switches to control different items individually. I am wondering how to go about wiring all of these toggles up. I will have a main power, one for the deflector dish, and then ones to control the spot lights. I also will have a photon torpedo push to fire button that will need to go into the base. I am building a 1/350 PL Refit and am using the Trek Modeler DIY kit. Any hep that you all could offer this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bjblasko

Post by bjblasko »

Go to youtube and type in helipilot27. Then view his 10 or so build videos - a wealth of information there. Also check this out: http://www.therpf.com/f11/jeffs-1-350-r ... ise-97477/

Another good source of build information can be found right where you are now - look for the 1/350 WIP thread by Garbaron in the Star Trek section here on SSM- priceless!

There is information in these locations on wiring up the base, but I'm not sure how detailed you need it. Keep in mind that all the wires have to get up into the hull somehow, so use small wire (No. 28 is what I used) and try to keep it to a minimum.