Another thread seems to have gone missing

The place to communicate with the moderators and SysAdmin. Got a problem, suggestion or concern? Don't go to another board - Ask/Tell us here!

Moderators: onezero, LindaSmile, TER-OR, Moderators

Darth Humorous

Another thread seems to have gone missing

Post by Darth Humorous » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:06 am

Over the past few days, I have watched the thread titled “Testors discontinues even MORE Model Master enamels” get lower and lower on the list under the “This Just In” category, until it came to rest at the very bottom of the list. Then, when a new topic was introduced, the “Testors…” thread “fell off the bottom”. I would have thought it would have gone to page two, but no, there is no page 2. Was this particular thread moved elsewhere? Or does the new system merely eat threads that would otherwise get pushed to the next page?

When I perform a search for the missing thread, I get zero results.

Mark

Lt. Z0mBe

Re: Another thread seems to have gone missing

Post by Lt. Z0mBe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:42 am

It was just auto-pruned because it hadn't had any more posts for the customary amount of time. Some forums like Finishing and Construction keep threads indefinitely while others, like This Just In and On The Bench delete threads after they go so long unreplied to.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.

naoto

Post by naoto » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:19 pm

... and that's one of the reasons why you might see an occasion a "bump" reply on some threads.
Naoto Kimura
木村直人

naoto

Post by naoto » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

naoto wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:19 pm
… and that's one of the reasons why you might see an occasion a "bump" reply on some threads.
Naoto Kimura
木村直人

Darth Humorous

Post by Darth Humorous » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:53 am

For some reason, I thought it was too soon for its disappearance. I also thought the information in that thread was important. Fortunately, I made a PDF of it prior to its disappearance. Too bad it is lost for others, especially those who didn’t even know of its existence who might have benefitted.

I learned that lesson (of making a PDF) the hard way years ago when the 13 page long “5 footer” Falcon thread disappeared during a time I could not visit this site. And there were many requests to make it a “sticky”, obviously to no avail.

Mark