Stripping soft vinyl figures.

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

merkin63
Location: Hooterville,KY Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid!

Stripping soft vinyl figures.

Post by merkin63 »

Sorry people if this has been posted but I did use the search engine.I wanted to strip the acrylic paint off of the C-3PO figure from the landspeeder kit because mine had a lot of dirt like particles in the paint plus I could remove some of the bigger seams with a new # 7 blade.I have had Goldenrod soaking in super clean for over 7 days and this is some damn tough acrylic paint.I managed to remove about 1/3 of the paint with a medium bristle electric toothbrush but the rest ain't coming off! I really don't want to take the time to sculpt a figure even though the top and bottom halves of the figures seem to be a different scale.I was going to try Lestoil next but figured I better ask first or end up with a melted blob but the super clean did not affect the almost medium rubber like figure.I have some easy-off oven cleaner but was afraid to try it because this figure was so soft so I am open to any suggestions.Thanks. :~D
CALL of DUTY: MW 20, The V.A.Nursing Home!