Painting Windows on Resin

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Cenebar

Painting Windows on Resin

Post by Cenebar »

Is there a good way to paint the "window" on a resin block when it has no interior and one cannot see through? (Think of wargaming miniatures).

I see most "windows" are painted black. How about glossy black? Some paint them blue with white wavys as if reflecting the sky. Would adding a thin clear sheet of plastic sprayed smoke be a better option? Or how about real window tint film? Or how about grayish-black? Bluish-black?

I just think black seems to show the interior is pitch black although I can't think of any other color to use.

Here is what I mean...
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/future-car-2.html
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

I tend to use gun-metal with the edges fading to black - all this then coated with a good glossy clear coat. The cetnre appears to have more 'light' and it seems to give some depth to the 'window'.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson