Airbrush compressor fitting size.

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

merkin63
Location: Hooterville,KY Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid!

Airbrush compressor fitting size.

Post by merkin63 »

I picked up a testors mighty mite compressor for 10 bucks on clearance at Wal-Mart when they were doing away with their model section and noticed the air output plastic fitting was not 1/4" and was the size of the propel can adapter.Does anyone know the size of this because I need an fitting that would be 1/4" male to the hose and the other a propel can size female fitting to hook it to this noisy beast.I have never tried this compressor before so am not expecting much but thought it may work fine for my nephew.Thanks for any help.
CALL of DUTY: MW 20, The V.A.Nursing Home!
kenlilly106

Post by kenlilly106 »

Your best bet would be one of the following optios:

1 - Take the compressor and hose to a place that sells industrial gases and see what they have that will work, they may have to make a short adapter out of some hose, that's what they did when I bought my CO2 tank and had to adapt the regulator output fitting to my airbrush.

2 - Take the hose and compressor to a hardware store that sells all kinds of fittings and make up your own adapter, I'd suggest going to small hardware store and not one of the big chains.

Ken
merkin63
Location: Hooterville,KY Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid!

Post by merkin63 »

Thanks,that's pretty much what I figured.I have a true value store about a block away so I can just try and find what I need and use plenty of teflon tape.I have always used Co2 to blow with since my navy days because Co2 has an exspansion ratio of 350/1 and I've never needed a moisture trap for my medium size tank.These cost a little more but put a tank of air to shame as far as lasting plus they are quiet and I live in an apt. so it's a must have.I have yet in 15 years of ever using Co2 run out in the middle of a build.Thankyou for the info,I'm not even sure if this little noisy compressor will even blow through these big hoses!lol,Thanks again. :D
CALL of DUTY: MW 20, The V.A.Nursing Home!