Future Floor Wax Fans

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Tracy Mann

Future Floor Wax Fans

Post by Tracy Mann »

This is a portion of an email sent out by our IPMS club president. IPMS First Coast Jacksonville, Fla.

This is an FYI for all in case you all did not know. I went to get more Future today and did not find any at Walmart. What I did find was Pledge with Future Floor Shine. I got a bottle. I went to K-Mart and found Future Floor Finish. I got a bottle as well. Both products are manufactured by S.C. Johnson. When I got home I called S.C. Johnson to find out if both products were the same. According to Jeff, the guy I talked to, he said, "they were the same." If you look at the UPC codes on both containers they are exactly the same as well. So, in the "future"... the new labeling will be Pledge with Future Floor Shine. No puns intended.. <:-)))
Probably everybody in the club and across America know this already but just in case there are some out there that do not,, FYI...

I thought I'ld pass this along.

Tracy
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
Keptin Barnes

Post by Keptin Barnes »

Thanks, I didn't know that either.
Much appreciated.

:drink:
"Now Father Jack. What do you say to a nice cup of tea?"
"Feck off, Cup!!"

Namaste--The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you. We are One. :please:

NEW STORY PUBLISHED! Check it out. My first Novelette!. April Welles:

More of my builds:
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb10 ... oductions/
Scanam2006

Post by Scanam2006 »

Very much appraciated
tonyG2
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning....

Post by tonyG2 »

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere (not that I worry to much - over here its still sold under the name Klear) but with the speed that threads scroll down the list and vanish these days, its always helpful to put in a reminder.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

And help me to remember when I'm having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile
and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth!
Merlin Jones

Post by Merlin Jones »

Last edited by Merlin Jones on Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Merlin Jones wrote:Update for 'over here'...

Johnson's Klear is disappearing off the UK shelves and, when it's gone, it's gone. It was discontinued last year.

The replacement, "Pledge Multi-surface Wax" has, according to the Johnson helpline, more wax in it.

Those who have tested the new stuff report that it leaves a waxy residue, does not dry clear and is lemon-scented.

Regards,
Bruce
I can vouch for this. It is c*@p. It is formulated for laminate & wood flooring and not for lino & vinyl as the old Klear was. After an email to SCJ, I was told that the US replacement for Future was NOT going to be sold in the UK or EU as there is no longer a demand for vinyl/lino flooring products.

ASDA currently have some warehouse stocks and they have reduced the price to flush the stock, so it is currently available there. Tescos and Sainsbury's no longer sell it, Wilkinsons & Robert Dyas are down to store stocks and the stock Woolworth had was destroyed when the went under.

In other words, the Future is not Klear.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Looks likes it's time to start a lucrative Pledge with Future Shine selling business for oversseas customers.
Abolish Alliteration
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

But knowing the EU the reason why SCJ aren't making it anymore is probably because one or more of the chemicals in it are banned - so anyone importing it not only gets whacked for import duty (with VAT on top of it), but fined as well!

Luckily I've stocked up for quite a long time and our local shop still has a few bottles left.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
Merlin Jones

Post by Merlin Jones »

Last edited by Merlin Jones on Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Actually they lie - it cannot be used in the same way.

Having found that the stuff is NBG on models, I tried it on the kitchen floor which is covered in lino. BIG mistake. Even after several hours drying the whole floor was like a skating rink and it took a lot of work (and cleaners) to get it off and make the floor safe again.

I suppose I should have know better. Wax on a glossy plastic surface doesn't spring to mind as being terribly sensible.
BLZ BOB

Post by BLZ BOB »

Well I stopped by my local ASDA last night and virtually cleared them out, grabbed all the bottles on the bottom shelf then thought perhaps theres more behind got down on my knees to peer behind and sure enough there were more. Grabbed these and there were some right at the back, at this point I was lying down in the aisle arm extended right back trying to grab it. Managed to get all bar one bottle which due to the way it had fallen I couldn't get purchase on.

Nice lass on the tills gave me some funny looks as she was ringing up 11 bottles of floor polish. I could she was dying to ask but couldn't figure out why. Along with this I picked up some windowlene and screenwash so no doubt will have the anti terror police calling by shortly.

Still eleven bottles should last me a while after all I still have half of one left that I have been using for five years or so.
Your Tastebuds can't repel flavour of this magnitude!