Revell Night Colour

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

YT

Revell Night Colour

Post by YT »

Does anybody know a place to buy this in the US? I need some for another hobby and I think it's only sold in Europe.
YT

Post by YT »

Nobody can help? :cry:
DX-SFX

Post by DX-SFX »

Is this "Night" as in the black used on WWII British bombers? If so, the real colour used on the actual planes is basically satin/semi gloss black. If you rub your finger in graphite powder or pencil scribble and very gently rub it on the black, it gives a slight metallic sheen that looks quite authentic. Like most paint used during the war, there was quite a wide variance from a true gloss black through to a faded heavily oxidised matt dark grey.

If it's just a question of getting another tin because you've already half painted something and run out, I'm afraid I can't help.

Try Google UK for a UK model shop. Most will send abroad although I'm not certain what the rules are governing small tins of paint going airmail.
YT

Post by YT »

Thanks for your help. It is actually a glow in the dark paint, I need it to re-lume a watch.
dublove

Post by dublove »

I have a bottle of the Revell stuff - I don't rate it too highly. Firstly it doesn't glow for very long at all no matter how long it is left under bright light (5 minutes max). Secondly it is so hard to actually apply. It is like water!!! Takes about 15 coats to get any decent sort of effect and even then it lasts for minutes :(

I'd get something like this http://www.hobbyglow.com/glow_paint.htm
YT

Post by YT »

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware the Revell was such poor luminosity! I have heard of the Glow Inc. stuff, but I also heard it is extremely grainy.
dublove

Post by dublove »

Yes its weird the revell stuff is grainy too. Its like grainy water lol. I was expecting it to be like a a tin of humbrol - nice and easy to apply. :(
woozle

Post by woozle »

Makes me think of Poly-S Grimey Black.
"A Good Magician never reveals how a trick is done.... and an EVIL magician never leaves any evidance that there was a trick in the first place!"
-Kaja Phoglio
Girl Genius (advanced class)