Question about Inkjet printed decals...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

CaptainHawk1

Question about Inkjet printed decals...

Post by CaptainHawk1 »

How many coats of sealing/acrylic spray should I use on Inkjet printed decals?

Should I mist it or soak it?

-Shawn :smoke:
animek

Post by animek »

I give at least 3 coats, waiting about 10min between each coat.
Do not soak!!!
Antenociti

Post by Antenociti »

Do not soak - most assurely do not soak.... but i dont think you can give ti too many mistings tbh (within reason). First few sets I did i used about 2 -3 and it wanst enough so i stick religiously to 6 now. Probably OTT but its safer than finding out you didnt cover a bit and watching it wash off entirely..
DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

I recently tried the Micro Mark ink jet decal coating and it came out waaaaaaaay too thick. It would not mist on...just orange peel up. I was wondering what other coating I could try that would render it waterproof and mist on thin?

I've always Laser or ALPS printed befor so I wonder how well the MicroMark inkjet paper snuggles in?
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
CaptainHawk1

Post by CaptainHawk1 »

DLMatthys wrote:I recently tried the Micro Mark ink jet decal coating and it came out waaaaaaaay too thick. It would not mist on...just orange peel up. I was wondering what other coating I could try that would render it waterproof and mist on thin?

I've always Laser or ALPS printed befor so I wonder how well the MicroMark inkjet paper snuggles in?
For the record, very well. It just took me a while to get he hang of how to apply them (see my previous topic on DESPERATE NEED OF HELP WITH MICRO-MARK DECAL PAPER). Now it works like a charm. Don, thanks for the photon Torp launchers for the Ent-A, BTW. I also wanto ask you if I need to sprayy my DLM decals before applying them.

-Shawn