Paint Filters?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

zysurge

Paint Filters?

Post by zysurge »

Anyone know a good online source for some kind of filter to be used to strain paint before putting it in my airbrush? I remember seeing something once, but haven't had any luck tonight finding it.

Thanks,
Eric
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

Just use pantyhose. Better yet, use the kind that come in the nice styrene egg, two birds with one dollar, and all that.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
Jonas Calhoun

Post by Jonas Calhoun »

But my wife gets mad at me when she puts them on and they have different colors running through them...

Dan
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin
JimPV

Post by JimPV »

Jonas Calhoun wrote:But my wife gets mad at me when she puts them on and they have different colors running through them...
:lol:

Thanks, I was just wondering this. But I'm a bachelor and now have to withstand the funny looks at the store when I go buy a pair of pantyhose. :P
"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone"
-Coco Chanel
zysurge

Post by zysurge »

Great idea, thanks!

Now i just have to steal some from my girlfriend. LOL

Eric
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

JimPV wrote:Thanks, I was just wondering this. But I'm a bachelor and now have to withstand the funny looks at the store when I go buy a pair of pantyhose. :P
Might as well pick up some clear nail polish while you're there, and some emory boards. As long as they're going to look at you funny, blow them a kiss on the way out.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
JimPV

Post by JimPV »

Mr. Badwrench wrote:
JimPV wrote:Thanks, I was just wondering this. But I'm a bachelor and now have to withstand the funny looks at the store when I go buy a pair of pantyhose. :P
Might as well pick up some clear nail polish while you're there, and some emory boards. As long as they're going to look at you funny, blow them a kiss on the way out.
:lol: I like it.

What's clear nail polish good for - a gloss coat?
"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone"
-Coco Chanel