floor polish effect?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

chevyrumble

floor polish effect?

Post by chevyrumble »

hey everyone im new to this board and to creating models, im working on my first model (ED209) and so far im happy with it. anyway im hunting all over the net trying to find out all the tricks ect when building/painting a model and i came across this "use future floor polish" when model is done. what does this do for the model? does anyone have any before and after pics so i can see how it looks??
thanks in advance

jason
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

Hi chevyrumble. Have a look at this topic.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
joewhite

Post by joewhite »

chevyrumble,
Future is a good for a clear sealer coat. It's very durable and especially protects soft acrylic paint coats. It's also very forgiving and so easy to apply. Alot of people use it as a gloss coat but I use it as a barrier between acrylic paint (that's what I use) and weathering pastel chalks. I'll then spray a semi-gloss clear over it since I usually don't build anything that requires a high gloss.

I hadn't modeled in years before using it for the first time on my Horizon ED-209. The best way to apply it is by airbrush and it does not require thinning. Again, it is very user friendly (and smells good)... I hadn't airbrushed very much at the time (I'm also an impatient painter) so I ran into a few runs. I followed some advice off of Swanny's tips....I just wiped the runs and sags with a paper towel moistened with Windex and bam...buffed right out! You can view the whole progress of building Ed by clicking the link in the signature below. I don't have pics of the Future painted ED since I final coated the model with semi-gloss clear but I hope this helps anyways.