will strait future sprayed from a bottle cause spotting ?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

BERT aka MODEL MAKER

will strait future sprayed from a bottle cause spotting ?

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

I don't have an air brush but i want to protect my jupiter 2 from fingerprints, and want to use future. i know it can be brushed on (i have never used it before) or will putting the future in a clean spray bottle and misting it on work? can i use it full strength that way ?
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION
[][][]

Post by [][][] »

A spray bottle, like the ones you shoot windex out of? Or like a spray can, because you wont get a very fine mist at all with a spray bottle, like you can with a can. I use windex from the bottle to clean windows and stuff (okay...my mom does) and have seen the way those spray. You will pretty much get beads of future on your part and if you try to cover it thouroughly with a spray bottle it will run probobally. I would just say use a brush in that case. This is just me, try the spray bottle thing out and see if it works (on scrap of course), I may be wrong.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

i just windexed the mirror and now i see how it will splatter foam brush would work better. thanks :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

Bert, dude, you can get an air brush from Harbor Freight for 10 bucks. Copy of a Badger 350. I have a 350. Believe me, it's a frickin' great sprayer. No guilt, if Badger aint going after them, then that's their problem. Get thee to an air brush mate, you will not regret it.
Stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets.
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

thats going to be my next purchase ,, when i can get some extra $ whats the name of the one at harbor frieght ?
BERT
MODEL MAKER
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

Central Pneumatic make the Harbor Freight brushes. Check out the website. Look under air tools. There's the single action for $9.99, and a double action that seems to be a knock off of a Badger 150 for $19.99. Got one of those mesen and seems to be well made. Trigger action's far nicer than my Aztek.
Stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets.