Detailing the ENTERPRISE Romulan Bird of Prey Question

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

M.T.C.

Detailing the ENTERPRISE Romulan Bird of Prey Question

Post by M.T.C. »

I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion to how to get the windows painted,I have a detail brush but the windows are smaller.I was thinking of taking a straight pin and dipping it in paint and putting the point in the window hole.Please let me know any suggestions I reall want to get this Starcrafts Bird of Prey done.Thanks
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

If you want to paint them black, then use a fine point felt tip pen. If you want to paint them "lit", then go ahead and use the fine detail brush. (Is it at least a #0 size or smaller?) Don't sweat it too much if you can't keep it inside the window pits, just do as well as you can. Then when they have dried thoroughly, go back and touch up the window frames by drybrushing on the basic hull color. It is easier to paint the area around a hole cleanly, than to paint inside the hole itself.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
M.T.C.

Post by M.T.C. »

I painted them all white to make it look lit up.I used a straight pin which worked just great.thanks though I will save your tip,just in case I run into this again.