Aztek A320 Airbrush Clogged (will not shut off) Help!

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DarKev

Aztek A320 Airbrush Clogged (will not shut off) Help!

Post by DarKev »

Hello Folks

I seem to have a bit of an interesting problem. I have a Aztek A320 airbrush and it will not turn off. When you attach air (Bottle) or turn the air valve on (Compressor/tank) it lets out a small amount of air continously. The air amount is not enough to spray paint, but it still comes out. Now this has happened to me before with cheaper ($15.99) airbrushes but since this one costs a bit more I want to solve the problem versus tossing it out and buying a new one.

I have tried several times to clean the thing. Soaked it in Acrylic Thinner, blown bottle after bottle of Acrylic Thinner through it to dislodge stuck paint and etc. It still leaks air. The folks at Testors made the thing such that you can't take it apart at the air valve (where I think the problem is) so that's not an option.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DarKev
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)
Scott Hasty

Post by Scott Hasty »

I have a similar brush, but it's double-action. It isn't clogged. The air valve is stuck open. Same thing happened to mine and I took it apart to find the issue. It seems to only occur after I've soaked it and not let it dry throughly.

Scottie
I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason
Owen E Oulton

Post by Owen E Oulton »

As I understand it, Testor's warrantee policy is fairly comprehensive. Try contacting them - this is probably covered..
...Only the dead dreams of a cold war kid...
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

From the design of the Aztek line I wouldn't be surprised if a little air constantly leaks. If it doesn't affect the performance I wouldn't worry about it. Air's cheap dude. I have air leaks (minor) in Aztek and Badger brushes, don't affect the performance.
Stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets.
DarKev

Post by DarKev »

Hey Big-Dog

Yes, I guess your sort of right. Now that I have the Compressor/Tank combo it is. When I was using bottles at $10.00 a pop it wasn't.

DarKev
big-dog wrote:From the design of the Aztek line I wouldn't be surprised if a little air constantly leaks. If it doesn't affect the performance I wouldn't worry about it. Air's cheap dude. I have air leaks (minor) in Aztek and Badger brushes, don't affect the performance.
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

You know I only ever bought 1 can of air. While the price of a compressor wasn't easy to swallow, at 12 bucks a can in Canada it was also pretty easy to justify. BTW, I have NEVER seen the $50 or $100 C-H compressors in a Canadian WalMart. They carry Coleman compressors, and the cheapest is $300 IIRC.
Scott Hasty

Post by Scott Hasty »

big-dog wrote:You know I only ever bought 1 can of air. While the price of a compressor wasn't easy to swallow, at 12 bucks a can in Canada it was also pretty easy to justify. BTW, I have NEVER seen the $50 or $100 C-H compressors in a Canadian WalMart. They carry Coleman compressors, and the cheapest is $300 IIRC.
Would it be worth one of us buying one and sending it your way, or do they tax you guys to death at the border?

Scottie
I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason
sbaxter

Post by sbaxter »

Yeah, my Aztek 470 does this as well. I get the impression it isn't really a leak, in the sense of something it does but shouldn't, but actually a normal function of an Aztek airbrush. Can't say for sure, but as with others, I use a compressor so it matters not.

Qapla'

SSB
“The entire concept of pessimism crumbles the moment one human being puts aside thoughts of self and reaches out to another to minister to her suffering. The experience of either person can neither be denied nor adequately explained by a negative philosophy.”
-- Michael J. Nelson, Mike Nelson's Mind over Matters
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

Scott Hasty wrote:Would it be worth one of us buying one and sending it your way, or do they tax you guys to death at the border?

Scottie

If you're talking about the compressor, many thanks, I actually got a Silentair Scorpion 1 a coupla years ago. Made in the US, so no duty. As for the C-H compressors, still be a HUGE bargain to the Canadian folk. Thankfully I no longer live there, back in the US of A thank you very much.