is micro mask liquid mask waterproof ????

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

BERT aka MODEL MAKER

is micro mask liquid mask waterproof ????

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

I have a question about micro mask liquid mask. I just used it on a part that has 64 different tiny clear windows that i masked off so i can spray the part silver, after going through this long process :idea: i realized that i was handling this part with my bare fingers, now i will need to wash the part to get the fingerprint oils off so i can get a good paint job. My question is this, can i wash this part with the mask in place and air dry it without disturbing the dry liquid mask ? this stuff is crystal clear on a crystal clear part and nearly impossible to see it so i won't know if it washed off or not :oops: before i spray it. thanks :)
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

Last night i finished painting the jupiter 2 wall panels that are behind the freezing tubes (stasis walls) 2 nites of detailing 3 walls and and they look OUTSTANDING :D then as i was wrapping up for the night, i knocked over my bottle of enamel thinner and it dumped right on one of my prized stasis walls :cry: :x AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Ain't that always the way?

'Just goes to show you, if it ain't one thing, it's another.'
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
big-dog

Post by big-dog »

You can get liquid mask at WalMart, at least you could in Canada. Be worth looking for, lots cheaper, and the same stuff.
Stand back, I don't know how big this thing gets.
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

i have micro mask brushed it on my clear parts but is clear, so clear on clear :shock: it kinda has a blue very faint blue as it goes on but goes clear, i wish it would stay blue so i know wether or not i missed a spot :(
BERT
MODEL MAKER