using a rattle can primer then using brush and panel lines

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

LCDR-W

using a rattle can primer then using brush and panel lines

Post by LCDR-W »

I am not sure if this topic has been addressed but here it goes.
The other day a local hobby shop that main items are GUNDAMS and the such. Was finally able to get TAMYIA Perfect Panel Liners. They are a fine wash in the same size bottle as extra thin glue. So those of us who cannot use an airbrush for one or another reason. Has any tried using primer. Than doing the following do the panel lines/pre shading use either product then using the final color in fine washes each a little thicker then the previous. An when should seal using a gloss sealer. My plan is to use acrylics.
Vetter

Post by Vetter »

Primer as the final(ish) coat? Yeah sure. If it's a bit rough for your taste just buff it with a paper towel. Clear coat when you feel you need to.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Panel lining is best done with a glossy surface. With a matte or flat surface it tends to bleed out of the panel line.
Abolish Alliteration
LCDR-W

Post by LCDR-W »

So here are my thoughts. Get a good base coat of primer lightly sand then apply a gloss coat panel line gloss then add darker washes of primary colors seal decal then flat coat. I
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Should work.
Abolish Alliteration