Australian equivalent of 'Future' floor polish?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Sithspawn

Australian equivalent of 'Future' floor polish?

Post by Sithspawn »

Hi everyone,

As per the title, I am looking to see if there is an Aussie version of the famed 'Future' brand of floor polish?

Hopefully the other Aussies here could help me out with a reliable brand name and a supplier (Bunnings? Autobarn? Supercheap Auto? Woolies?).

Thanks in advance!!
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

That is the question... @ one time Pledge was marketing Future floor polish in Australia under the name "One Go" but their site no longer shows it. There's Long Life Shelf Shining Floor Polish but it comes out milky so I'd want to test it to make sure it clears enough before using it on a model.

Are you up for some reading? http://nswbgmodelling.airleague.com.au/ ... Future.htm
Abolish Alliteration
sando6569

Post by sando6569 »

I've used the Longlife floor polish with no clouding by hand brush and airbrushing. It also works good as a decal sealer by applying it to the decal while it's still wet(before wicking away the excess water). Hope this helps
Sithspawn

Post by Sithspawn »

Thanks for the help guys!

I guess I'll try LongLife on a few test/junk models to make sure that it works ok.
iSteve

Post by iSteve »

For 15 francs more, I can put a can of sardines on your chest.