Weird problem with Iwata Neo CN...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Lt. Z0mBe

Weird problem with Iwata Neo CN...

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Wise and Sagely Starshipmodelers,

I am having a weird problem with my Iwata Neo CN. I bought it as a backup to my HP-CH for the not-so-fine work.

Here's the symptoms:

1.) No nozzle cap on, air comes out of the outlet below the nozzle with no problem.

2.) Nozzle cap on and screwed down, nozzle in and screwed down and the needle is in, absolutely NO air comes out.

3.) Repeat 2.) sans needle, and NO air comes out.

4.) Repeat 2.) sans needle and nozzle, air come out of the little nozzle cap opening.

5.) Slightly unscrew the nozzle cap, air comes out around the threads and the nozzle.

I thought initially I had bent the nozzle and needle so I bought new ones. But that did not fix the problem.

Based on the above, it is almost like there is not enough room for air to come out of the nozzle cap around the needle and nozzle opening.

Anyone else have this problem? I appreciate any ideas you guys have.

Thank You,

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Hmmm, have you asked Tom about this?
Abolish Alliteration
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Kylwell wrote:Hmmm, have you asked Tom about this?
There you go with your sensible answers again. :lol:

(Didn't think to ask him about it. Obvious, I know. #-o )

Kenny

Edit: Just IM'd him. It's in the gods hands now. I'll burn some Aves and pray.

www.sigmalabsinc.com

veedubb67

Post by veedubb67 »

I talked to Tom to make sure he was aware of the situation (Kenny can verify).

Looks like he bought the wrong replacement parts for his CN. The CN comes with a .35 mm setup and he purchased the .5 mm setup (goes with the BCN bottle feed). That's why he wasn’t getting any air.

Not that you can't change your CN into a .5mm setup, but it requires a needle, nozzle and nozzle cap. Kenny is going to buy a .5 nozzle cap to go along with his replacement parts and will have a NEO CN with a .5 in it.

Mystery Solved!

Rob
Iwata Padawan
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

veedubb67 wrote:I talked to Tom to make sure he was aware of the situation (Kenny can verify).

Looks like he bought the wrong replacement parts for his CN. The CN comes with a .35 mm setup and he purchased the .5 mm setup (goes with the BCN bottle feed). That's why he wasn’t getting any air.

Not that you can't change your CN into a .5mm setup, but it requires a needle, nozzle and nozzle cap. Kenny is going to buy a .5 nozzle cap to go along with his replacement parts and will have a NEO CN with a .5 in it.

Mystery Solved!

Rob
Iwata Padawan
It's amazing how easy the process is if you read descriptions instead of just matching colors among various types of packaging. New part came today. :)

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

How's that NEO Iwata "pistol grip" airbrush perform? I read an article about it some months back, "a review" in FSM. I'm clumsy as hell when it comes to handling your "standard airbrush, can't find one I'm comfortable using. Thought the "pistol grip" might be a better option? I have difficulties controlling paint&air flow on double action brushes simultaneously.