Spay paint and Weather

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

rrcivil

Spay paint and Weather

Post by rrcivil »

At what temps and humidity levels does using rattle cans become an issue? The lower the humidity the better I suppose but here in the summer time in Central Florida low humidity is a relative term.

For example today at about 230 pm it is about 37% and 97 degrees F is that too high or are these levels workable?
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

97 is really hot for spray painting. Generally, you want something in the mid 70's, low 80's tops. Do your painting earlier in the mornings or later in the evenings instead of high noon.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan

Post by rrcivil »

What about humidity? According to the weather folks , when the temp gets down to 77, the humidity is all the way up to 93%.
E-Dub

Post by E-Dub »

Got a dehumidifier? You might do ok painting where you can then moving it into a room with a dehumidifier going.
PITHY SAYING TO BE ADDED LATER
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

Humidity depends more on how much it rained and how recently. If you've had a few dry days in a row, humidity isn't an issue.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan