USS VOYAGER REVELL KIT

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

cptjameshassell

USS VOYAGER REVELL KIT

Post by cptjameshassell »

can anyone scan a copy of the paint instructions for a USS Voyager Revell Kit? or atleast help me figure out the best colors to use for the cheapest price?
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

Do you want it to look the way it does 'on screen' or the way it would as if it were sitting right in front of you???
Normal?? What is normal??
cptjameshassell

Post by cptjameshassell »

Either one. i would prefer to know which paints can be airbrushed that are shipped in the US only...(no humbrol or anything shipped from the UK).
mightymax

Post by mightymax »

If you plan on airbrushing and want go cheap. Then go to Hobby Lobby, Michaels or some Wal Marts and get some craft acrylic paints. Some brands are Delta Ceramcoat, Plaid, Apple Barrel, Folk Art etc.... Huge color selection Now find a bottle of Future acrylic floor polish. Now sold under the label Pledge multi floor or something like that, It is the bottle with a pair of blue boots on the label. Anyway thin the craft acrylics with a little Future. They now will spray like a dream and give you a nice durable gloss finish. If you need a flat finish you will just have to overcoat with a decent acrylic flat dullcote.

Cheers
Max Bryant
TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan

Post by TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan »

Mightymax, is it possible to airbrush Delta Ceramcoat paints??? I've often wondered this. Do you have experience with this? Did you thin it with 90% alcohol?
Greg
Plastic modeling and other nerd stuff in Japan on my YouTube channel
My WIP modeling page on Tumblr.
One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick. And I was like, "That log had a child!"
mightymax

Post by mightymax »

TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan wrote:Mightymax, is it possible to airbrush Delta Ceramcoat paints??? I've often wondered this. Do you have experience with this? Did you thin it with 90% alcohol?
You can thin with distilled water but they (craft paints) still want to be difficult to spray. I never tried alcohol so that experiment is on you. It may work or it may congeal the paint into unuseable goop.

Now I always recommend Future Floor Polish. Thinning craft paints makes them spray beautifully and the finish is really nice. The only thing is that your finish will be gloss, not flat. I sprayed a couple models with this technique and a guy in my club used it on the Tamiya 1/32 Phantom with outstanding results! To get a flat finish you can do one of two things. Get some Tamiya clear flattening agent and add it to the mix. I have never tried this so don't know what to expect. I do know guys on Hyperscale who say it works fine. The second route and one I would use is to just spray the gloss paint mixture then get a seperate acrylic flat to spray after the Future/paint has dried.

Cheers
Max