Have seen ladie's ads for airbrush makeup...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Reichardt, KoG

Have seen ladie's ads for airbrush makeup...

Post by Reichardt, KoG »

I never thought I'd see ladies spraying their makeup on with airbrushes that look better (on tv) than mine own....

Have ya'll seen these ads; do any of you have knowledge of the manufacturers, and esp. their quality?

(I'm happy with alla my personal airbrushes, would like a better compressor someday [who doesn't?], SO, this is NOT A REQUEST FOR AIRBRUSH RECOMMENDATIONS, ThankYou!)

Thag13's Wonderfest comment (that way lies madness :D about airbrush arguements prompted this post; also, I don't think it's covered in the previous thread about airbrush poll...

Oh, and I have an ancient, much rebuilt Badger external mix single action (paint jars, I don't like cups...), and
A Chinese(?) generic double action Badger knockoff from Harbor Freight (again with paint jars, aheh)
AND
an older model Badger piston stylee compressor; works well, and has never given ME problems with 'paint pattern pulsation due to piston action'....

TIA
"Melange' still races!"
X-3
mightymax

Post by mightymax »

I saw that commercial months ago in the wee hours. The thought of anyone airbrushing their face made me laugh!

Max Bryant
Vetter

Post by Vetter »

My old paasche (vsr90) came with a flyer showing them painting fingernails with it. I thought it odd enough to show it to the ladies at work.
widget

Post by widget »

And cakes in the bakery.
This IS my sig.
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Those aren't freckles, my airbrush spattered!
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

mightymax wrote:I saw that commercial months ago in the wee hours. The thought of anyone airbrushing their face made me laugh!

Max Bryant
Pris used an airbrush to apply the badger-eyes in Blade Runner (1982).

Actually, women and make-up artists have been using airbrushes almost as long as modelers.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
mightymax

Post by mightymax »

First thing I thought of was the Simpsons' episode where Homer wants to be an inventor. He invents a makeup gun and shoot Marge in the face.

She replies "I think you have it set on Who.. :)

Wonder what is the proper way to thin Mabelline and the proper pressure to spray it is? Post or Pre shade??? :lol:

Max Bryant
Reichardt, KoG

Post by Reichardt, KoG »

Aaaand just when I thought this was a deadthread by a Deadhead....

Seam-filler, you're RIGHT! Had forgotten that part of the movie, ha!

Did not know that this was a long common way of applying makeup-still wonder tho, what company(ies) make these gadgets, or is it a side branch of Badger, or...?

I'll go ask (curiosity, and the elephant's nose) at the local Sally Beauty Supply next time I go in for cheap sanding sticks..!(Don't tell Squadron, or Hobby Town, o.k....? :8)

Thanks for the 'bar conversation', guys!
"Melange' still races!"
X-3