Clearcoat for photos?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DeltaVee

Clearcoat for photos?

Post by DeltaVee »

I've printed a photo on regular paper to paste to a base. What's the best/safest thing to overcoat it with? Future?
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

What kind of printer? If it's inkjet I'd be very careful as to what you put on it or else the ink will run. I'd stick with lacquer and go easy on it. If it's laser then Future would be fine.

-Rog
AliceWoods

Post by AliceWoods »

I think you should share a picture of that printout so that it becomes easy to get and idea and then suggest you something.
DeltaVee

Post by DeltaVee »

Well, I scratched the picture, so I guess I'll ask what it is when I go back to the store. Photo is third image down: http://boojum.as.arizona.edu/~jill/NS10 ... 12/io.html
zysurge

Post by zysurge »

I've used Mod Podge in the past with good resutls.
Redgriffin

Post by Redgriffin »

Get some pastel fixer at a crafts store spray on light coats so the ink does not run. But be careful and work in a well ventilated place as the fixer is very odoriferous.
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

I've sprayed ink-jet prints with clear lacquer with very nice results. Testor's Decal Bonder, or similar product would also work very nicely.
As stated earlier, use light coats.
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK