Acreation model, did he disapear with my money?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Major_Tierce79

Acreation model, did he disapear with my money?

Post by Major_Tierce79 »

Do you guys know of a way to get in touch with Rob Holt from Acreation models? Other then his website that is....I have been emailing him for a while now with no answers.

I have 3 orders pending with him since december 27th and I still haven't got anything...multiple emails were sent with no answer. He did answer really fast at the beginning when I pre-ordered a FM Falcon PE detail set. Also I have paid fully for a FM Tie Fighter PE detail set and also I have paid for a Cylon raider clear engine insert, both of which were in stock...

Anyway last time he responded to one of my email was february 2nd (after multiple emails) and he told me that I would get my stuff in 1-2 weeks, since then nothing...
I have been really polite in all my emails but in the last one I said I was worried about his lack of answers and was thinking about a refund, and still nothing.

Anyhow if someone knows another way to contact him I would appreciate it

Thx

Edit****Everything is resolved, he contacted me today finally, so I guess this thread can be deleted
Last edited by Major_Tierce79 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas E. Johnson

Post by Thomas E. Johnson »

He has gone to work for Hobby Lobby, and has been pulling double OT shifts for the last few weeks.
Thomas E. Johnson
Major_Tierce79

Post by Major_Tierce79 »

I can relate to that, but it only takes 1 minute to reply to an email, I work 60h a week sometimes and I can still look at and answer email, and I don't have a business to keep running

Anyway I think I will file a claim with paypal and see where it goes... :x

thank god for the SM store where everything goes smoothly :-)
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

He puts the "pro" in "procrastinate", that's for sure. There have been many threads like this. Unfortunately it looks like this is the only one that hasn't been purged yet:

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... p?t=104877

Long story short, I would file the dispute, you'll probably urge him along. That is if it's still within Paypal's time limit. Otherwise you could be in this for years but probably will eventually get your order or a refund.

-Rog
Thomas E. Johnson

Post by Thomas E. Johnson »

He posted on FB last night that he was let go by Hobby Lobby, so I'm sure he will have the time now to get back to his business.
Thomas E. Johnson
Major_Tierce79

Post by Major_Tierce79 »

Alright well he contacted me today, and everything seems to be resolved so I guess this thread can be deleted

thx all
atomicrobokid

Post by atomicrobokid »

I placed an order for his decals on the 19th feb, still waiting for them, and he hasn't responded to my past 3 emails