Best Acrylic Match to this Color?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

G-man

Best Acrylic Match to this Color?

Post by G-man »

Looking for the best acrylic paint match to this color
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/pain ... MlFfXfNl8F
preferably in Tamiya or Model master so i don't have to wait for it to come in an order?

I suppose the next question is. Am i correct in assuming that this being a latex paint there is no way to spray it if i were to buy this sample its self?

The paint is going to be used for Hall way panels from inside the Death Star so you can get an idea what i am trying to achieve.

Thanks!
George
Follow Catalyst Creations on face book!
Or
On The Web!
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Hmm, for some reason the link isn't working for me so I can't comment on the color...

But I've used latex paint before. I wouldn't say it's vastly different than model/craft acrylic, in fact it seems like I've read somewhere that "latex" doesn't have latex in it, so it's more of a marketing term for a type of acrylic paint.

But you will need to thin it quite a bit. Depending on the quality of the paint this might make it a little "weak" in the color department, meaning you'll need several coats.

Absolutely no reason you shouldn't just use that paint since it's the color you want.

-Rog
dizzyfugu

Post by dizzyfugu »

A screen visualisation of the tone does not help, since color representation varies widely from one screen to another. If this is no standardized tone (according to something like FS, RAL, RLM etc.), there will be hardly any help for you expect guesswork. :(
DizzyFugu - Reporting from Germany
http://www.flickr.com/dizzyfugu
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

A month later, the link finally works. :D

Is there an update on this? You can't beat $3 for 8oz of paint, so that's what I would have done.

-Rog
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

If the color in that link is accurate then a good color to start with would be MM intermidiate blue.
Normal?? What is normal??