Testors White Lightning Question

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Callandor

Testors White Lightning Question

Post by Callandor »

I was looking through some youtube videos for tips on applying the decals on the refit Enterprise. One of the videos mentioned that they used Testor's White Lightning laquer and it looked really nice. He mentioned that it was transparent. Is that the case? If so, I was considering applying a coat on top of the azteck decals (unfortunately, most are already on, so I can't put it on as a base coat). Would it mute down the aztecks or completely cover them up? Has anyone tried this?
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I've check the can but it looks like it'd be translucent @ best which means it'd definitely dull things down.
Abolish Alliteration
Callandor

Post by Callandor »

That would actually be great if it did. While the decals for the 1/1000 refit look good, they are too dark for my tastes. I was thinking about dulling them down a bit with a light coat of white anyways. I am probably going to get a can and do a few tests to see what I get.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Always test before. This may be pure white. It seems to read so @ the Testor's site.
Abolish Alliteration
Callandor

Post by Callandor »

I have learned the hard way what happens when you don't test beforehand. It involved tears and language inappropriate for young viewers. :D
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

yeah I hate it when that happens...
Abolish Alliteration
Callandor

Re: Testors White Lightning Question

Post by Callandor »

Has anyone tried this yet? I am really curious if it works on top of the decals. If anyone has tried it, can you post pictures?