Anyone ever order from JBot or realspacemodels.com?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Callandor

Anyone ever order from JBot or realspacemodels.com?

Post by Callandor »

I am needing some replacement decals for my Revell 1/144 Shuttle and both JBot and realspacemodels.com have some I could order. Has anyone ordered from them? What were your experiences?
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Click here for info on JBOT, and I have not ordered from Realspacemodels, so I can't help you there.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

I've dealt with JBot in the past and had no problems. Jim was courteous and responded to my e-mails in prompt time. No complaints. Can't speak for realspacemodels.com though.
Buck Laughlin: [after Beatrice the dog jumps up on the show judge] He went for her like she's made outta ham.
~Best in Show, 2000
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Bought from JBot direct and through SSM at WF. His decals are about the best I've seen. In my experience, he has responded to emails quickly and courteously and the shipping is fast.

I don't think I have ordered from realspacemodels.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... hp?t=99328

The only candid thread that hasn't been purged yet. I thought there were more of them recently, but it looks like they were all concerning Acreation...

I guess if you buy and have a great experience, that's wonderful. If you end up feeling like you were ripped off, don't say there wasn't any warning that it might happen. Looks about 50/50, at least from the people who have voiced their opinions in the last couple years.

-Rog