Want some Wave Option System Parts (no luck so far looking)

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

homyakchik

Want some Wave Option System Parts (no luck so far looking)

Post by homyakchik »

Hey all

I found one of my sprues of Wave Option System parts (specifically, the U-Vernier Round L1, OP-176), and realized that one of the verniers thereon was absolutely perfect for turning the kinda-useless thrusters of the Apollo 27 into really nice gravitic units. Unfortunately, there are only two of each vernier on the sprue, and I'll eventually need twelve. I ordered the WOS sets that I've got years ago, and only just now really started using them.

I've gone to the SM store, and to HLJ, and to several other dealers of model parts that list WOS sets, and that set (along with the really fat tanks) is about the only one that absolutely no one lists any more. I even checked eVilBay, to no avail; people were selling everything everything but what I wanted.

But before I haul out my kids' legos tomorrow for my very first attempt at resin casting (the whole sprue; I've got other uses for more of the verniers), I thought I'd ask those more world-wise than I. Does anyone know of a source that sells the WOS sets that has the U-Vernier/OP-176 in stock? Technically I'd like to buy several; it'll be less harrowing than making my first resin cast such a thing (although I'm working hard to man up to the task). But I'm having no luck on my own finding 'em any more.

Thanks!

Davey
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Not to my knowledge. Best option is getting dupes cast up.
Abolish Alliteration
homyakchik

Post by homyakchik »

*sigh* That's kind of what I was afraid of.

Oh, well. I found the Alumilite tutorial (still, not video) of a two-part squish mold, which looks like the best solution to my need. Shall likely wind up trying that today (assuming I can find enough legos around the house to wall the stuff in).

On the other hand, the huge WOS tanks would do nicely for bunches of stuff, and I can't find them anywhere, either. If this works, I'll just start molding the WOS stuff I can't find any more. Work, work, work.

Thanks, though.

Davey