Recommendations on aztecing decals for the AMT Reliant???

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

rkoenn

Recommendations on aztecing decals for the AMT Reliant???

Post by rkoenn »

I started the Reliant today and I also bought the AMT aztecing decal set for it. I have glued the major subassemblies together so far and decided to pull the decals out and have a look. There are a bunch of decals for sure so I started thinking about how they should be applied. My question is has anyone done this task and did they completely assemble and paint the ship prior to starting to apply the decals? It appears you could apply them all after completely assembling the ship but it also appears there may be some areas that might be a bit difficult with it assembled. At the same time I don't see any real recourse as having decals on the big subassemblies and then trying to attach them and get a clean fit at the joint as well as blending in the joint and finally painting it when most of the parts have already been painted doesn't seem possible without the great likelihood of making a mess. Let me know, I am very curious and will be doing the big assembly in the next 2-3 days.

Thanks,
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
ulvdemon

Post by ulvdemon »

Been wondering how to go about that myself. Find a solution?
Current build: 1/32 Hasegawa F6F-5 Hellcat

Completed: 1/48 Hasegawa F-16CM<,1/48 Revell Mig-21PFM, 1/48 Revell/Monogram AH-64A, Revell/Monogram 1/48 F-14D, AMT 1/420 USS Defiant, AMT 1/650(?) USS Enterprise, 1/72 Bandai VF-1J, AMT 1/537 USS Reliant, Academy 1/35 M1-A1 Abrams, Academy 1/48 F-86F30, Linbergh's USS Gato