Silicone Glue?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

suwalski

Silicone Glue?

Post by suwalski »

Anyone have any thoughts what sticks to silicone molds? I need to reinforce a mold with masonite and need a way to adhere the two.

Thanks.
Pat Suwalski @ Tetryon Parts.
Johnnycrash

Post by Johnnycrash »

No can do. Nothing really sticks to silicone. That's what makes it so useful for molding. :)

I too need to reenforce molds on occasion. I just use rubber bands to hold the board or plastic stiffener to the mold sides. This allows to mold to still have it's full flexibility when it comes time to demold.
John Fleming
I know that's not what the instructions say, but the kit's wrong anyway.
suwalski

Post by suwalski »

I ended up using Permatex Silicone RTV from CrappyTire.

This is the stuff with a strong vinegar smell intended to seal along windshields and so on.

It stuck very well to the pink mold rubber after I roughed it a little with ScotchBrite and seems to adhere relatively well to the masonite as well.
Pat Suwalski @ Tetryon Parts.
PinkysilUSA

Pinkysil silicone mold is now available in the States

Post by PinkysilUSA »

I wanted to let you know that Pinkysil, a silicon molding rubber imported from Australia, is now available in the States! It cures in 30 minutes or less, has a pot life of 6 mins and is skin safe. It captures the smallest and most intricate of details of your models.

You can see more about our product, on our web site at www.pinkysil.com. Direct link to our youtube channel with video demos is https://www.youtube.com/user/PinkysilUSA

We also will be bringing over Speedyres very soon. This is a fast-curing white resin that sets in just 15 mins. It can be seen in the videos on our youtube channel as well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me back or give me a call. Once you use it, you will wonder where it has been all your life. :)

Danette Ward
USA Rep

www.pinkysil.com
facebook.com/pinkysilUSA
pinterest.com/pinkysilUSA
PINKYSIL has arrived in the USA, all the way from Australia! Fast-setting silicone molding product that cures in under 30 minutes!

Use Pinkysil USA silicone mold for:
• Miniature models
• Jewelry
• Special F/X prosthetics
• Resin appliques
• Found objects for use in personal artwork (Steampunk, altered books, collage, assemblage, retrotonics)
• Sculpture

Here is what you can pour into the mold:
• Resin
• Candy sugar
• Plaster
• Wax
• Any lead that heats up to a 300 degree temp (not pewter)