What is meant by growing a model?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Darthsideous

What is meant by growing a model?

Post by Darthsideous »

Hi,

I've been checking many different forums and sometimes I read that a model was grown? Can anyone explain what this means? I'm thinking that it has something to do with a cad file and cnc machine or digital printer but I am not sure.
Last edited by Darthsideous on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Go Flight

Post by Go Flight »

Hi,

Yep they are "grown" with a 3D printer -
http://www.printapart.com/technology/index.html
Darthsideous

Post by Darthsideous »

Hi Go Flight,

Thanks for the link that really helps. This will really help me for some future projects. Has anyone ever used this service? If so, please let me know if you were satisfied with the results.
JTGraphics

Post by JTGraphics »

Darthsideous wrote:Hi Go Flight,

Thanks for the link that really helps. This will really help me for some future projects. Has anyone ever used this service? If so, please let me know if you were satisfied with the results.
I work for a 3D printer and we will beat any valid quote from Printapart. Plus we can go a lot larger then what they are advertizing. They are also using an old Invision Si. That's older tech. We have the newer Projet 3000 which has a Z resolution of .00125" and should be upgrading to the XHD in a few month (Z-Resolution of .0006")
We've done work for me (JT-Graphics), McFarlane Toys, Gizmotron Models, Paragrafix, Bad-Azz Models, Timeslip Creations, and a few others.

I can help you with all your questions. Feel free to contact me.
Jeffrey Waclawski
JT-Graphics
Darthsideous

Post by Darthsideous »

I work for a 3D printer and we will beat any valid quote from Printapart. Plus we can go a lot larger then what they are advertizing. They are also using an old Invision Si. That's older tech. We have the newer Projet 3000 which has a Z resolution of .00125" and should be upgrading to the XHD in a few month (Z-Resolution of .0006")
We've done work for me (JT-Graphics), McFarlane Toys, Gizmotron Models, Paragrafix, Bad-Azz Models, Timeslip Creations, and a few others.

I can help you with all your questions. Feel free to contact me.

Hi JT, thanks for your reply. I am a total newbie to this whole process. I'll PM you directly.