STS 1/72 Decals?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

El Gato
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of the imagination

STS 1/72 Decals?

Post by El Gato »

Looks like Revell is ignoring my requests to replace the decals on my 1/72 Space Shuttle model. Does anyone know where I could purchase the appropriate decals or a website that has good shots of the mrkings on the real STS?
"You know what I pray for? For the strength to change the things that I can, for the inability to accept the things that I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"

- Calvin of "Calvin & Hobbes"
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

I've used Real Space decals with pretty good success, and it looks like they have redesigned the set for 2010 with some really cool details like the elevon covers, and it looks like new artwork for the window surrounds for the cockpit and a few smaller detail bits.

http://www.realspacemodels.com/html/decals.htm

Looks like I'll have to try the new set on my next orbiter build :D
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
El Gato
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of the imagination

Post by El Gato »

Ooooooh! Thanks for the link, Photoguy. That's exactly what I was looking for! :):thumbsup:
"You know what I pray for? For the strength to change the things that I can, for the inability to accept the things that I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"

- Calvin of "Calvin & Hobbes"