Cheap CA de-bonder?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

MillenniumFalsehood

Cheap CA de-bonder?

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

Is there something I can wash my hands with that will remove CA? I hate waiting for the stuff to peal off and I know I've read about something you can use to get it off, but I'll be daft if I remember what it was. :?
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Acetone-based nail polish remover.
"Of all the chili that I've eaten in my travels, this has the most.......Cumin."
Vince Hoffmann

Post by Vince Hoffmann »

Saturn wrote:Acetone-based nail polish remover.
I don't recommend washing your hands with solvent. In order for acetone to work, you'll have to soak your fingers for a few minutes, and that's bad.

If you let the CA sit, it'll flake off your skin within a day, no carcinogen required. The natural oils in your skin will take care of it all.
Had I known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of my car.
STAREMPIREUS

Post by STAREMPIREUS »

They make a stone that just pulls the glue right off with no pain or waiting . It's white and and comes as a long rectangular shape .
Check at your local hobby store I can't get to my desk right now , last years :scared: Helloween :scared: stuff is in the way , to give you the name but maybe someone here knows . It's a white pomice type stone material that just erases the CA from the fingers . :D The best thing I've ever come across .
Last edited by STAREMPIREUS on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Bunnies !!!
Horrible ... Hideous ... Fluffy
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Post by Chacal »

I use emery board. Small motions with the board will sand the CA, but not the skin (just like a plaster cast power saw, it goes back and forth just an eight of an inch. Plaster is rigid, the blade eats through it; skin is maleable and elastic, it moves back and forth with the blade).
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.