Aves or CA for scribing?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Devin

Aves or CA for scribing?

Post by Devin »

I have a resin kit that I need to fill some voids, pin holes, broken seams, etc. I'm going to be scribing the resin and these repaired areas. What is going to better take a scribed line most like the surrounding resin, Aves or the black CA that the SM Store sells? I have both, and just want to make sure whatever I use will like like the rest of the resin once scribed and under some primer and paint.

Thanks,

Devin
"Just slow it down. I'll shoot Hitler out the window."
-Professor Farnsworth
Keptin Barnes

Post by Keptin Barnes »

I have never used the Black CA before, but the Aves scribes very well.
"Now Father Jack. What do you say to a nice cup of tea?"
"Feck off, Cup!!"

Namaste--The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you. We are One. :please:

NEW STORY PUBLISHED! Check it out. My first Novelette!. April Welles:

More of my builds:
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb10 ... oductions/
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Aves is great for larger areas, Black CA for pinholes and tiny stuff. Both scribe about the same, with Aves being the softer of the two.
Abolish Alliteration
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

THe nice thing about AVes is you can scribe before it's cured with a spatula. You can usually fill and smooth the area without sanding (much) and do that scribing first.

And the black CA (not the rubberized) is great stuff for that. I've been playing with diluting it with thin CA and brushing over an area, then smoothing and scribing later.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati