Beginning Resin Mold Casting

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

rmitchis

Beginning Resin Mold Casting

Post by rmitchis »

I'm at the point where I would like to start building my own resin models and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any recent books that would help me get started. All help appreciated!

Robert
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

There are some good ones at the main site. Many members here teach at Wonderfest. Many are professional casters themselves. Some of their handouts, along with other stuff can be found here:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/tech/techmain.htm

Search for tips on "Molding and Casting" via the drop-down menu.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
rmitchis

Post by rmitchis »

Thanks Lt.! Yes, I have looked through the tech section and there are some very good tips. There was one book in particular that is mentioned "Secrets of Mold Making and Resin Casting" but when I went to the listed website for it I couldn't find it and I couldn't find it on amazon either. That's why I posted out to see if anyone might have read a more recent/easier to find book.
novahobbies

Post by novahobbies »

I believe Micro-Mark and the Compleat Sculptor both stock that book....and they both have web sites. You may want to check there also.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, reboot.
Order shall return.