how would i do this? (make a missing part)

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

chevyrumble

how would i do this? (make a missing part)

Post by chevyrumble »

im missing a part on my ed209 vinal model and if i dont find a replacement im going to have to make one from scratch. the part is not big at all and is quite basic, its one of those flaps that adjust up and down, they sort of looks like wings. the good thing is i have one of them so i have something i can copy from. anyway heres the idea that i have been thinking of, i get chunk of styrafome <(no clue how 2 spell it?) and just carve it out, sand, then paint. i dont have a clue if that will work though, what do u guys think?? oh and i did think of makeing it from wood, but i have no tools for that plus i dont know how to work with wood.
any suggestion, ideas, tip, ect????

thanks alot in advance

jason
knightdriver

Post by knightdriver »

Jason,

Sent you a private message, I may be able to help you. 8)
Brian ----- Knightdriver ---- www.knightdriver.com

THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO TURBO, FOR TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER ART WITH ME

1:1 scale Knight Rider Prop car, the ultimate model kit....
Lonnie Sweet

Post by Lonnie Sweet »

Go to the aircraft resource center www.aircraftresourcecenter.com and go to tools n tips. There is a good article on making cheap copies from automotive filler (2 part epoxy). It's pretty good and everything is available at a hardware store.

Lonnie
"There is no charge for awesomeness"