anyone know how to extend the on/off switch on light circuit

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

BERT aka MODEL MAKER

anyone know how to extend the on/off switch on light circuit

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

I have the polar lights jupiter 2 light circuit for the top bubble and want to extend the on/off switch so i don't have to lift the top everytime i turn it on/off. the on/off switch is connected to the unit and i want to run a wire to a second switch further down, i am not sure how to do this so any help would be greatly appreciated :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Post by Chacal »

You want to have use of BOTH switches or to REPLACE the switch already in place with another one in another location?
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

I want to make a second switch further away so i can turn it on/off with the new extended switch. the original switch is permanately attached to the light circuit and to turn it on/off you have to lift the top of the saucer off, i want to be able to turn it on/off from a hidden switch UNDER the ship :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION