How did you get your PL TOS nacelles/engines together?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

TheIrishAvenger
Location: Evans, CO-just south of the festering Greeley Mall gang-wars

How did you get your PL TOS nacelles/engines together?

Post by TheIrishAvenger »

I figure before I go together with these things, I'd bounce it off the SM crowd. How did you guys get your engines on without screwing it up? I'm tempted to cut those tabs off on the nacelles and just glue them. Ideas?

Thanks!

Chris
"Some say the alien didn't die in the crash. It survived and played poker and drank whiskey with the locals, until the Texas Rangers got wind of it and shot it dead."
M.T.C.

Post by M.T.C. »

They have a snap fit to them,just line up the nacelle with the bar and twist it into place.I had to figure that out when I first got my kit too! Don't feel bad your not alone.
TheIrishAvenger

Well, they snapped alright. They snapped right off. I think it's time to quit for the night. :? Hey! Good excuse to get a conversion kit!

Chris
"Some say the alien didn't die in the crash. It survived and played poker and drank whiskey with the locals, until the Texas Rangers got wind of it and shot it dead."
M.T.C.

Post by M.T.C. »

Sorry you are having a bad time with this kit,It took me a few times to do mine also,If it broke,you can take it back to where you bought it and exchange it,you may have gotten a bad kit,it does happen.Because it does not take a lot to gently twist the nacelles into position.Try to exchange your kit and do it again,and if you can't exchange it at a store contact Polar Lights and explain to them the problem I am sure they would send you another kit.
TheIrishAvenger

Nah, it's all good. I ended up sanding the ends of the nacelles flat and to an angle to allow me to correctly orient the engines, and then super glued the hell out of 'em. Actually propped them up on the table and dabbed coats of superglue around the seam to both fill it in and secure it. I don't think that baby's going ANYWHERE now. I think a little touch with the airbrush soon will finish it out, not perfectly, but not terrible. I reckon once it gets on the shelf hardly anyone will notice it anyway. Maybe I just got a little too rough with it trying to get those in. Meh, stuff happens.
8)

Chris